Rod Schlise Plumbing & Heating
Dr. Edward Koutnik DDS
Friends of Potawatomi State Park, Inc. is a nonprofit organization whose members volunteer their time and talents to aid in maintaining and improving Park programs and equipment. The major fundraiser for the group is the annual RunWild! event held on Saturday of Columbus Day week-end in October that attracts upwards of 500 runners.
Projects that the Friends Group have accomplished recently are:
• Fully funding Park Naturalist.
• Invasive species monitoring and control. Progress has been made in controlling garlic mustard, honeysuckle and phragmites.
• Planting flowers in the campground and office flowerbeds.
• Funding and support for naturalist programs and Park maintenance.
• Resurfacing playground areas with wood fiber.
• Funding a new playground digger.
• Assisting Park staff in maintaining ski trails.
• Distribution of the children's bike helmets supplied by Habush, Habush & Rottier Charitable Funds.
Sign up for updates on Run Wild or ask a question.
Door County Firehouse
WORK PLAY EARTH DAY SAT APRIL 30TH AT THE PARK!
Come out and give us a hand, no experience required!
10am-2pm,check in at front office.
FOLLOW RUN WILD
Our main fundraiser, Run Wild is a beautiful run/walk through the park for all ages...even a kids Smokey Bear run. Held on Columbus Day week-end each year, Door County's oldest race is a must do for all. All runners receive a long sleeved Run Wild commemorative T-Shirt, chance to win medals and fun prizes, and help to raise money for important projects at the park. To sign up click here To become a sponsor of the race (logo on shirts, banner, race entries, & more) please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up to receive our Park Pals e-newsletter.! FREEE!!!