Our main fundraiser, Run Wild is a beautiful run/walk through the park for all ages...even a kids Smokey Bear run. Sat at 9:30 on Columbus Day week-end each year, Door County's oldest race is a must do for all. All runners receive a long sleeved Run Wild commemorative T-Shirt, chance to win medals and fun prizes, and help to raise money for important projects at the park. To sign up click HERE. To become a sponsor of the race (logo on shirts, banner, race entries, & more) please contact firstname.lastname@example.org For more information go click the Run Wild tab on the top of this page
SIGN UP BEFORE 9/15 TO AVOID PRICE INCREASE
Friends of Potawatomi State Park, Inc. is a nonprofit organization whose members volunteer their time and talents to aid in maintaining and improving Park programs and equipment. The major fundraiser for the group is the annual RunWild! event held on Saturday of Columbus Day week-end in October that attracts upwards of 500 runners.
Projects that the Friends Group have accomplished recently are:
• Fully funding Park Naturalist.
• Invasive species monitoring and control. Progress has been made in controlling garlic mustard, honeysuckle and phragmites.
• Planting flowers in the campground and office flowerbeds.
• Funding and support for naturalist programs and Park maintenance.
• Resurfacing playground areas with wood fiber.
• Funding a new playground digger.
• Assisting Park staff in maintaining ski trails.
• Distribution of the children's bike helmets supplied by Habush, Habush & Rottier Charitable Funds.
We are currently fundraising to replace the old all accessible fishing pier.
Click here to find how you can help (and yes we need your help).
FOLLOW RUN WILD
NEW! Park benches. Honor a loved one and help the Friends!.
Another Run Wild is in the books! Thank you to all of our volunteers, our runners, and our sponsors!
See you next year on Saturday October 12!
Price is $500, limited locations each year. Fill out the form to the left for details.